Scanners vary depending on the make and model but the process is similar to making a photocopy. Your insurance-related mail for the day must go into the scanner face down for the content to be digitized. As long as your scanner is set up and connected to your computer you should be able to locate your scanner in the Control Panel and initiate scans from here if not through a scanning specific program named after the make and model of the device.
To ensure that scans are provided to us appropriately, please make sure you are following the steps below and filling in the Deposit Cover Sheet accurately:
- Open all checks and insurance correspondence (DO NOT detach checks)
- Calculate the total Insurance Deposit and enter on the Deposit Cover Sheet
- Count the number of pages you are scanning and enter this on the Deposit Cover Sheet
- Fill in Today’s Date as the Scan Date
- Fill in the day you would like Opencare to post the Scan as the Deposit Date
- Fill in the name of the person scanning the documents next to Scanned By.
Please note, all mail must be sent to us as a single collated document and not separate files for each page or letter.